Friday, August 13, 2010

Greek Delight in Merrick/Bellmore-NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!

OK, so here is the story.
As many of you know, I eat out (DINE) out- 6-7 night s a week. Truly, it does get to be a bit much sometimes, having large meals every evening, (not to mention fattening!) so last night, after having a rather large lunch with a client, and not being very hungry for dinner, I opted to change into some workout clothes & go for a bike ride on the boardwalk.

I still had my nice earrings on from the work day & was still wearing my eye makeup, so I didn't look like a total slob- PLUS, I was wearing some rather nice items from LU LU Athletica- so, I was not in a stretched out worn or torn tee shirt or shabby clothes. (although I wear those too!) (Regardless)

During my ride it started to rain, so I came home & we decided to have a "light bite" & took a ride to Merrick/Bellmore to try a place that opened recently called Greek Delight.

As I walked into the restaurant- small, no big deal, with one large party of 12 with balloons on the table for some sort of celebration, the manager began to shake his head "no". I came up to the bar & said "why are you shaking your head NO- you don't even know what I am going to ask you?" and before I could even ask for a table, he replied "SORRY- I am completely full tonight". I normally would have asked how long a wait for a table, but he was SO rude, it was a moot point.

I could tell that he did not want me there dressed in work out clothes!! (trust me- this place is nothing special- a local JOINT) so as my husband walked in, in his work out shorts,tee & sneakers, the manager continued to shake his head, so we turned around to walk out.

For those of you who remember the movie "Pretty Woman", with Julia Roberts, there is a scene where she is still in her 'hooker' clothes & goes into a fancy boutique on Rodeo Drive to by some clothes & before she can even ask, the manager tells her there is 'nothing in here" for her & asks her to leave.

The next day she returns, dressed to the nines, walks back in, and although they don't recognize her, she tells them who she was yesterday & replies "YOU work on commission, right?You made a BIG mistake- HUGE!! I have to go shopping now!" She walks out. leaving then stunned.

Well, I turned to the manger & said, "We eat out every night of the week- in much nicer places than this & you just made a BIG mistake- huge- we have to go to Il Mulino now! & we walked out! LOL

We ended up having a very wonderful salad at Blue Moon in Rockville Center- a casual restaurant with a pizzeria on the other side and wonderful good comfort italian food.

It was a perfect evening.


1 comment:

  1. True- but there is & was no dress code & we were not dressed like slobs-
    I was wearing makeup, diamond earrings & NICE work out gear PLUS it was a Thursday evening & he was not apologetic. If he had informed me that was the reason, I may not have agreed, but would have understood- it was the way he shook his head before I even walked up to the counter

    His loss

    ReplyDelete