Monday, August 9, 2010

Cheap Eats

Many of you private followers- those who choose NOT to be listed with your name as a "follower " & not logged in, have commented that I seem to only frequent "expensive" venues with "fancy ambiance".

Let me state, categorically, not true.

Yes, I do dine in nice places, but I have no problem going to a dive- In fact, search for them. I am not a big "diner" fan, but drives in dives, anytime!!

I saw & heard about Ted's, so since I am a big fan of Jackson Hole's burgers, I figured, why not? The place is not a dive, per se,, but small & luncheonette in feel- the steaming process is a riot! They built these 2 small metal cabinets that sit on the on the counter and the burgers are formed almost like mini meat loaves, in square pans & then placed into the cabinet for a minute or two to steam & cook. Then, places on a large bun with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, raw or sauteed onions & pickles (you can choose more or less of any condiment)

They are moist, juicy & cheap! $3.95 for a burger- $4.95 for a cheeseburger

Yum!!

(the potatoes were a disappointment however- soggy home fries- no crispy French fries to my dismay

Oh well!! In Meriden, Conn on Broad Street- if you are traveling home form Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods, MGM Grand or where ever you may be!
a fun stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment